Letter from Recruitment Chair
Dear Potential New Member,
The ladies of Delta Gamma warmly welcome you to William Woods University, and we share your excitement about going through Recruitment. We found "going DG" to be the perfect choice for us - one that has offered leadership opportunities, lasting friendships, and incredible support.
Coming to college is a huge step, it can seem intimidating and overwhelming at times. We were in your shoes not long ago, feeling many of the same things you may be feeling. Being a part of a women’s fraternity makes that transition easier, and we would like to share some of what we have experienced. In Delta Gamma, we have found an amazing home away from home where we offer:
- New friends waiting to welcome you with open arms on Bid Day.
- Meaningful, fun activities to enhance your first few weeks at William Woods University and a New Member Retreat where you can really get to know your new member class.
- A Big Sister to ensure that there is always someone there just for you.
- An Academic Program to help with the transition to a college work load.
- A Philanthropy Program that encourages you to volunteer in the community.
- Moms’ and Dads’ weekends to help families get to know one another.
- Countless activities where you can get involved on campus, parties, mixers, and of course friends spending time together.
- Hours, days, and years of laughter, inside jokes, late night talks, common interests, and shared memories!
Sorority life gives you an immediate sense of belonging in this new setting because you are surrounded and supported by friends who have invited you into their world. Delta Gamma seeks out the best part of who you are and inspires you to take that even further. We hope that each of you takes advantage of this unique opportunity, and we hope that each of you finds the happiness, security, and sense of belonging that we have found in Delta Gamma. We promise it is waiting for you.
If you know a potential new member who is participating in Recruitment 2016 at William Woods University, please submit a sponsor form to the Delta Omega chapter by midnight of August 20. Please email them to email@example.com.